Welcome to Reception Home Learning page. Below you will find useful links to songs and websites to support home learning. In addition there are some practical activities for maths and literacy. This page will be updated with new learning ideas frequently.
Count to 100
Counting backwards from 20
Days of the week
Months of the year
Top Marks games
Phonics play free games
Practical ideas for Maths
- Count objects in your house (how many windows/doors/stairs have you got?)
- Look at numbers in the environment (find numbers on the remote control/phone/ipad.
- Count how many jumps, claps etc you can do in a minute.
- Guess my number (it is more than 10 and less than 12, what can it be?)
- Telling the time on the clock (we have learnt o’clock and half past and are moving on to quarter past).
- Looking at coins and naming them.
- Set up a pretend shop and use money to buy things.
- Look for shapes in your house (can you find a square/rectangle?)
- Guess my shape (it has three sides, it is 2D, what can it be?)
- Fill up different sized cups with water, which holds more/less?
- Fill containers with water and talk about full, half full, empty.
- Share out sweets/fruit/raisons etc, who has more/less? Is it fair?
- Practice number bonds to 10.
- Count forwards and backwards.
- Count on from a number that is not 1.
- Practice writing numbers.
- Order number cards.
Practical activities for Literacy
- Play I spy with initial sounds
- Play I spy with Fred talk (I Spy with my little eye a c-a-t)
- Play Simon says with Fred talk (Simon says j-u-m-p)
- Practice writing letters with the correct formation
- Practice writing red words (tricky words)
- Practice writing full name.
- Keep a diary for the days we are off school.
- Write a story.
- Read books together and write the story.
- Share stories together.
- Draw a story map.
- Read a book together and write about your favourite part.
- Talk about different stories, what might happen next?
- Write the Easter story, using the story mat.
- Write shopping lists.
- Build words with magnetic letters.
- Draw pictures and label them.